An anchor will provide a consistent and specific target location for your tables when creating them in a drawing file or for your drawing templates. To add an anchor in your drawing follow these steps:
- In your drawing right-click to edit the sheet format.
- Right-click on any point at the end of a line in your title block where you want the anchor to be and select “Set as Anchor
- Choose the type of table your anchor will use. See the figure below for table types.
- Repeat as necessary to add additional anchor points for other desired table types. You can also use the same point for additional table types.
- Go back to editing sheet, add your table, and choose “Attach to anchor point.” The table will position itself based on your anchor point.
Anchors are intended to keep table locations consistent and can be saved in your sheet format templates. Individual tables cannot be saved in such a way and must be inserted every time.