On your 3D printer have you every need to find out who did what and when? This Tech Tip is a quick way to find out and get a copy of the History Log.
1 ) Connect network cable to printer if using a direct connect cable. (Orange most of the time)
(If your printer and computer are plugged into the network already then you can skip this step.)
2) Turn on uPrinter or Dimension Printer, let printer get to the Idle screen before proceeding
3) Open CatalystEX program
4) Switch to the “Printer Services” Tab
5) Click on the “Printer History” button
6) Click on the “Save As” button (bottom right corner)
7) Save txt to an easy to get to user folder (i.e. Desktop, My Documents)
This create a test file that is easily opned with Notepad just by double clicking on it.
Make sure to expand Notepad so that tex wrap is not making it hard to read.
To make it easier to read do the following:
1) Open MS excel
2) From the File Menu select > Open
3) Change your file type ot Text Files
4) Open the file, it may prompt you to pick formats pick “Delimited” and “Windows (ANSI)”
(Also what type of Delimiter, so only check “Tab”)
This excel version would allow you to get totals and calculations of who and how much using normal Excel functions.
Spacing on the date columns is required other wise you’ll only see the ###
Happy 3D Printing